View Collage Art by Kathy Parker at the Ballard Station Public House, Hosted by Andrew Parker of RE/MAX Metro Realty for the March ArtWalk

Kathy Parker

 
"I was raised in the artistic surroundings of San Francisco and Sausalito, CA and have been a Seattle artist since 1988. I am a Signature Member of the National Collage Society and have won national as well as local awards. My work is in various collections, including Group Health in Tacoma. WA.

In an increasingly high tech and stainless steel world, I hope to add a moment of color, texture, beauty or surprise with my art. I start a collage or fiber piece for the sheer pleasure of seeing how an idea is going to turn out. Often the forms and colors of the materials I use create an unexpected shape, rhythm or atmosphere of their own and result in a picture quite unlike my original concept.


 


In creating collages I use Asian papers which I usually color with acrylic . I also use "found" papers from published sources and interesting fabrics. I apply the materials on canvas or archival paper background using acrylic medium as the glue. "Collage" is derived from the French verb "coller" meaning to adhere, paste or glue. When the picture is finished, I use UV protective varnish." 




2236 NW Market Street










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...