Fabric Landscapes by Sandra West at The Scoop @ Walter's for April Artwalk

I have enjoyed working with fiber and fabric all my adult life and began quilting in the 1990's. I used commercial fabrics to create my first small, matted and framed fabric landscapes in the summer of 2008.



I continue to use commercial fabrics and prefer cottons because of their wide range of patterns and colors that make up my pallet.  Each creation is made by selecting, cutting and manipulating the fabrics, then placing and sometimes layering them to form the natural elements.



Next the pieces are hand appliquéd, hand quilted, embellished, matted and framed. Most of the pieces are framed without glass to allow the viewer to enjoy the detail and texture of the fabrics, hand quilting and embellishment.



My most recent creations are on display during April 2013 at The Scoop @ Walter's. They include landscape, cityscape and still-life arrangements.

I am especially pleased to display my work here on Sunset Hill where I live with my husband, Don Ostrand.

The Scoop @ Walter's
6408 32nd Ave NW  Seattle, WA 98107

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...