Monotypes and Collages of Nancy Reithaar will be Shown at Domanico Cellars Winery & Tasting Room for the August ArtWalk



"I am a printmaker with a painter’s sensibility. Monotype is a technique with allows for a painterly, colorful and spontaneous approach to creating images. Animals fascinate me and provide me with a rich source of forms, textures and expressions to work with. 

The combination of monotype and collage allows me to compose and adapt in response to the unique subject. When I let go of total control of the process, it is clear which elements should be cut away and which should be enhanced with texture, color, and light. 

The process becomes exciting as I discover the relationships between a shorebird on the beach, for instance, and the image in my mind, the paintbrushes, the press, the paper, and the combination of ink colors that faithfully express the bird’s individual characteristics and universal beauty."

825 NW 49th Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...